Tampa Child Custody Lawyer Gary Dolgin Explains That Relocating A Child Without Agreement or Petition May Result In Contempt Proceedings

If a parent or other person relocates a child without a petition to relocate and without following the requirements stated in the Florida statutes, that parent or other person may be subject to contempt proceedings or other proceedings to require return of the child.

The Court may take the attempted relocation into account when:

– making a determination regarding the relocation;
– determining whether the parenting plan or time-sharing schedule should be modified;
– deciding to order the temporary or permanent return of the child;
– deciding to order the parent seeking to relocate the child to pay reasonable expenses and attorney’s fees incurred by the other party;
– deciding to order the award of costs including interim travel expenses incident to access or time-sharing or securing the return of the child.

Here at The Law Offices of Gary S. Dolgin, we have been helping mothers and fathers with relocation and child custody for over 30 years in the Tampa area.

We have also been committed to protecting children’s best interests while helping to advocate for their parent’s rights.

If you are having any child custody issues such as relocation, determining parental responsibility, time-sharing problems, or any other custody issue that may be causing an unhealthy situation for your child, or negatively affecting your parental rights, we are here to help you.

To schedule a child custody consultation with Gary Dolgin, give us a call at (813) 999-2772, and it will be our pleasure to help you.

Learn more about child custody by visiting:
Tampa Child Custody Lawyer, Gary Dolgin